This Privacy Notice addresses the kinds of information that Beattie Freeman Onorato Family Law Group, LLC (“We”, “BFO Law”, or “the Firm”) may gather about you when you visit, submit forms on, or request information through our website and/or mobile app: www.bfolaw.com. In this Notice, you can learn what kind of information we collect, when and how we might use that information, how we protect the information, and the choices you have with respect to your personal information.
This Privacy Notice is not intended to describe the Firm’s information privacy practices with respect to (1) communications with our clients (which are addressed in our client Engagement Agreement in conformity with applicable law and rules of professional conduct), (2) workplace privacy (which is addressed in our employee handbooks and other Firm policy documents) or (3) information obtained from our service providers (which is addressed in our respective contracts with those providers).
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice at any time and for any reason, as permitted or required by applicable law, by posting changes to this page or a subsequent privacy page.
Nothing contained in this Privacy Notice is intended to create a contract or agreement between BFO Law and any visitor, form submitter, or information requester, or to create or acknowledge any attorney-client relationship between BFO Law and any such person.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Used?
When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to other sand we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
You may browse our website without disclosing any additional information to us, although certain services and features (for example, Our “Contact Us” form) may be unavailable unless you provide us additional information.
You may voluntarily choose to use the “Contact Us” form on our website to request information about our services or to provide us with feedback. You should not send us any confidential information describing your legal problems or requesting advice on legal matters. Further, please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive personal identification information (for example, social security number or date of birth), or any financial information such as your credit card or bank account information. If you submit any of the foregoing information, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
How Personal Information is Protected
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.